Akshantulu will be prepared by mixing rice with turmeric or Vermillion Powder and ghee. They are used to bless the youngsters. They are often used in Hindu marriages, festivals and in some important days. By sprinkling these on the head, elders bless the youngsters by saying 'Deergayushman bhava' - Live long, 'Santana Praptirastu' - soon you will conceive a child, 'Arogya praptirastu' - Live healthy, 'Ishwarya praptirastu' - Live with Luxury,'Sakala soukhya prapthirasthu' - Bless with a full of happiness.
'Akshantulu' is derived from the word 'Akshatalu' means 'AA + Kshitam'(which can't be destroyed). Rice grains will be obtained after hulling the grains. The grains which are not broken in this process, the unbroken rice which are used for giving blessings are called 'Askhintulu'.
Among 'Navagrahas'( nine planets) in astrology, Lord Chandra rules bad habits,mother, behavior and mood. By donating rice, people can overcome ill effects of Lord Moon.
In Hindu marriages, bride and groom used to play Talambralu by pouring lots of akshantulu on their heads. This act indicates, welcoming the bride into the family. Bride is represented as Dhanalakshmi( Goddess of wealth) and bridegroom welcomes her into his family by pouring lots of rice as Talambralu. Bride groom is represented as Lord Vishnu. Bride welcomes him by pouring rice as Talambralu.Interesting facts:
- Blessings need to take from elders only.like Father,mother,elders and famous people.
- With out considering age all Hindus will take blessings from temple priest and gurus or saints.
- In every traditional ritual we offer 'Akshintulu' to Lord Ganesha.
- The 'Shodopachara puja'( 16 steps of worship) we offer 'akshintulu' to the deity.
- Hindus believe that these 'Akshintulu' has power to fulfill all the desires when used in the act of blessings.
- All kayanotsava mahotsavams perfomed wouold be distributed with akshantalu which are the talambralu for Gods in that function and if the unmarried people who take these as akshantalu from their elders would be maaried soon.
- Especially, talambralu used on the auspicious day called Sri Rama Navami in Bhadrachalam, it is beleived that people who take these as akshantalu would be married by next preceeding Sri Rama Navami. Unmarried people who take these would be married and the married who take these would be blessed with a peaceful married life like Gods'.
- Scientifically human body is a big electric station. The up and downs of body current indirectly affects the mood and health of a person. When ever people bless their children, the positive current will charge the rice grains when they bless with these rice grains with positive charge will balances the negative currents in the person who take blessings from elders.
- Our body has 24 electrically charged points and from these points, electricity will reach the entire body. In these 24 points, our head is the main distributing point. When ever people receive blessings, the 'Akshantulu'( positively charged particles) will touches the head and head charged with positive currents and distributes positive currents to entire body.
- Mixing turmeric or Vermillion Powder and ghee to rice grains will stop spreading virus or bacteria which causes illness from the person who give blessings to their children.
Check the related article Touching feet of Parents & elders